6th - 14th June 2023
Jagged and dramatic, the towering Dolomites cut like teeth into the azure sky of north-eastern Italy. This mountainous destination offers a truly memorable escape with its overwhelming backdrop and crisp, fresh air. A paradise for nature lovers, the region is also home to vibrant spa towns, glistening Lake Garda, and the Adige Valley’s wine route. Enjoy a picnic of fine Italian delicacies amongst the idyllic scenery, or explore the Austrian-influenced towns of the area known as South Tyrol.
Day 1: Depart the UK for our Lufthansa flight to Munich. On arrival we will be met by our local guide for the coach transfer to the Hotel Paganella. After check-in we will have time to relax before dinner. This family run hotel is located in Fai Della Paganella, a town which still retains its rustic charm.
Days 2 -5:
- Full day guided excursion to Merano & Lake Caldaro including Wine tour and tasting. A mixture of Germanic and Italian influences can be found in Merano, a lovely Alpine town with old-fashioned charm. Laced with art nouveau buildings and blooming gardens, the town enjoys an almost Mediterranean feel thanks to its mild climate, and aside from its pastel porticoes and panoramic vistas, it also offers a unique and hearty cuisine. Lago di Caldaro sparkles with clear and warm waters, thanks to its shallow depth. Surrounding the lake are several vineyards, and sampling the local wines is one of the pleasures of this area.
- Full day guided excursion to Lake Garda, including one way boat trip from Limone to Riva del Garda. Glittering like a sapphire amongst the vibrant green hills and craggy mountains, Lake Garda is a destination that has it all. Italy’s largest lake has inspired poets and artists for centuries with its crystalline waters, characterful harbour towns and picturesque vineyards. The Riviera feel of the gentle southern shores gives way to more dramatic scenery on the northern coast of the lake. The town of Riva del Garda at the lake’s northern tip is bright and breezy with pretty baroque buildings, and lively Limone is surrounded by lemon trees and sheltered by cliffs.
- Full day guided excursion - A scenic drive is a wonderful way to take in the stunning mountain landscapes of the Dolomites. This guided tour reveals the wonderful panoramas, dramatic peaks, and views of tiny villages nestled in the countryside. Highlights include Ora, the Val di Fassa, the Passo Pordoi and the Gardena Valley.
- A ‘mystery day’ with a regional picnic lunch
Day 6: After breakfast and check-out we travel to Munich with a stop at Vipiteno and Kufstein Fortress where we will have a guided tour.
The Kufstein Fortress is the main landmark of Kufstein, a town in Tyrol, Austria. It is sometimes wrongly referred to as Geroldseck Fortress. It is on a hill commanding Kufstein proper. Kufstein Fortress is 507 metres above sea level. The fortress is linked to the city below by the Festungsbahn, a funicular railway. For more than 800 years, the Kufstein Fortress has been visited again and again by a wide variety of people. Well, in the first centuries it was more like hostile armies trying to conquer the fortress. Nowadays, the impressive landmark enjoys great popularity among people from all over the world.
From here we will continue our journey to Munich for check-in at the Eurostars Grand Central Hotel. Rest of day and evening at leisure for you explore this great city
Day 7: After breakfast we will join our guide for a 1/2 Day coach sightseeing in Munich. Afterwards you will have time to explore the city independently.
Day 8: Day at leisure in Munich, Bavaria’s capital, which is home to centuries-old buildings and numerous museums. The city is known for its annual Oktoberfest celebration and its beer halls, including the famed Hofbräuhaus, founded in 1589. In the Altstadt (Old Town), central Marienplatz square contains landmarks such as Neo-Gothic Neues Rathaus (town hall), with a popular glockenspiel show that chimes and reenacts stories from the 16th century
Day 9: Check out of the hotel for return transfer to Munich airport for our return Lufthansa flight to Manchester.
The Hotel Paganella, Fai Della Paganella
The Paganella is a family-run hotel with a lovely terrace, cosy bar and wonderful views over the surrounding countryside. The hotel prides itself on serving traditional homemade food.
All rooms are non-smoking equipped with en-suite, internet, TV equipped with TV with 20 SKY channels, Wi-Fi, safe deposit box and a hair-dryer.
Eurostars Grand Central Munich - Offers a stylish spa with indoor pool, sauna and fitness studio. Soundproofed rooms with free Wi-Fi, and a restaurant serving Mediterranean cuisine, this 4-star design hotel is just 800 yards from Munich Central Station.
All the rooms are non-smoking air-conditioned which feature a flat-screen TV, an elegant desk, fine wooden floors, en-suite, internet, Wi-Fi, safe deposit box, kettle and a hair-dryer.
Spa facilities include a sauna and guests can also make free use of the modern gym. The strikingly desigrned restaurant at the Munich Eurostars hotel serves international specialities. Traditional Bavarian beers and colourful cocktails are available in the bar.
Price per person (Based on 2 Adults sharing Twin/Double Room):
- Member Plus Adult - £1279
- Member Adult - £1319
- Non Member Adult - £1359
- Single Supplement - £250 (double/twin for sole occupancy)
- Return Lufthansa flights from Manchester to Munich
- Return airport transfers with English speaking guide
- Porterage at the Hotel Paganella if required
- Welcome drink at the Hotel Paganella
- 5 nights half board accommodation at the Hotel Paganellal, Fia della Paganella including House Wine with dinner and tea/coffee afterwards each evening.
- Hotel Paganella - Last night 4 course farewell candlelit Trentino themed meal with music.
- Hotel Paganella - Free bar each night 18.00-22.30 on beer, wine , soft drinks & National Spirits
- Hotel Paganella - Entertainment on 1 Night Quiz/Games & 1 Night Grolla Evening
- Full day guided excursions to Merano & Lake Caldaro including Wine tour and tasting
- Full day guided excursion to Lake Garda, including one way boat trip from Limone to Riva del Garda
- Full day guided excursion - Dolomites Scenic Drive
- Mystery Day Out with regional picnic lunch
- Coach transfer to Munich with en-route stop at Vipiteno and guided tour of Kufstein Castle
- 3 Nights with Breakfast at Eurostars Grand Central Munich
- 1/2 Day sightseeing coach/guided tour of Munich
- Italian Tourist tax (to be paid locally at resort.(Currently 2 Euros - Subject to change)
- Munich City Tax (at this time no tax applicable in Munich, but if situation changes this will be payable locally)
- Single Supplement
- Any items of a personal nature such as meals, drinks, etc
- Guide/Driver Gratuities
- Travel Insurance
For further details and bookings, you can either use the or contact Bob Walker
Please include your Name, Home Address, Contact Telephone Number, Membership Number and the Number Places Required (Member/Non-Member)