2pm, Saturday, 15th October 2022
Toby and Caroline McKenzie started the RedWillow brewery in late 2010. Summer 2012 saw their first official RedWillow beer, Directionless, launched in pubs across Macclesfield.
With their continued success, the brewery was expanded into 12barrel brewery, and another brewer was brought on board, along with their first keg beers being produced. Ageless became the first beer to be bottled. During 2013 Tilting Ale was first produced for Virgin Trains and the RedWillow Bar opened in Macclesfield, just down the road from the brewery.In 2014 a new site for brewery was secured and was operating at full capacity by the end of year. So much so, that they began an expansion at a second site nearby to increase production to an average 80 barrels a week. In October 2015 Wreckless and Shameless became the first beers to be canned, followed a year later by 5 further beers.
RedWillow produces a wide range of beers and are always experimenting with new and seasonal brews.
An example of their core range of beers include:
- Tearless: Cryo Pale, 3.7% - Packed with cryo-hops (made using cryogenic hop-processing technology, which sounds really cool) to create a super-soft, ultra-sessionable cryo “just one more” beer.
- Effortless: New Zealand Pale, 3.7% - Ultra pale and refreshing with lots of body, gratuitously hopped with Nelson Sauvin for a full fruity flavour.
- Headless: Pale Ale, 3.9% - Refreshingly floral pale ale with a restrained orange-led bitterness and a light, straw-hued colour. 2019 Champion Beer of Britain Finalist.
- Feckless: Best Bitter, 4.1% - A classic British bitter, rich toffee and malt balanced with the subtle flavours of Challenger, First Gold and Target hops.
- Weightless Mosaic: Session IPA, 4.2% - Made with 100% Mosaic hops; pithy grapefruit and mango flavours with a well-rounded body. An uncompromisingly balanced session IPA.
- Witless: Wheat Ale, 4.2% - There is nothing better in the sunshine than an easy drinking and refreshing wheat beer. Coriander in the boil & orange zest in the fermenter give a crisp and zesty finish.
- Guileless: Pilsner, 4.4% - You can’t beat a clean and crisp Pilsner, 100% German Pilsner Malt, Czech hops and a slow maturation give an easy drinking and refreshing pint. A truly European beer!
- Godless: Helles Lager 5.4% - A classic German-style helles lager. Light in colour, rounded and full bodied, with soft, bready malt and a touch of sweetness. Refreshing the parts even He can’t reach.
- Soulless: Black IPA 5.9% - A black IPA with an aroma of roasted caramel. Roasted malt flavour with fruity and bitter hoppiness at the finish.
- Brewery Tour and samples of three of the RedWillow Beers
- 10% off at our bar for the rest of the visit
- A Great convivial atmosphere!
- £15 Members & £16 Non Members
**** Places are limited so please book early ****
Please include your Name, Home Address, Contact Telephone Number, Membership Number and the Number Places Required (Member/Non-Member)